Lowmaster, Ross named 2018 Homecoming winners

Homecoming court nominees Promise Asher (left), Bryce Atkinson, Jadon Jenkins, Dax Benway, Harli Lowmaster, Cooper Ross, Allison Kooser, David Romo, Kennedy Brown and Brett Jones.

Olivia Jones

When the Homecoming candidates walked onto the Derby football field on Friday night, the stadium went silent.  

After introducing all the candidates during their long walk on the field, the winners were announced — Harli Lowmaster and Cooper Ross.

The crowd cheered. The cheerleaders stood up and shook their pom-poms.

***

Introducing the candidates:

First were seniors Promise Asher and Bryce Atkinson.

Asher is the National Honor Society (NHS) Vice President, student- body treasurer and a member of the Girl’s swim team.

Atkinson is a member of Derby’s football and baseball team. He is also in choir.

Next to be presented were seniors Kennedy Brown and  Brett Jones

Brown is a member of NHS and plays basketball. Jones is a member of DTV. He is the Yearbook Video Editor and the Technology Student Association President.

Romo is involved in Drama Club, Student council (STUCO), choir and Panther Crew.

The third pair to walk onto the field were seniors Allison Kooser and David Romo.

Kooser is the Senior Class President. She is a member of STUCO, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), NHS, Drama Club, choir and basketball.

Following after were seniors Jadon Jenkins and Dax Benway.

Jenkins is a Derby cheerleader. She has been an All American cheerleader all four years of high school and this year she has been named Top All American cheerleader by the National Cheerleaders Association. Jenkins is also in choir and a member of the Star Wars Club.

Benway plays football and is a part of the Verus Bank Internship.

The last pair to enter the field were Harli Lowmaster and Cooper Ross.

Lowmaster is a member of Chick-fil-a Leadership Academy, NHS and FCA.

Ross is involved in FCA, wrestling and cross country.