Page 3: Bedroom Sanctuary

Ariana Nquyen and Maren Price

• Senior Malia Hernandez expresses herself using colors and describes her room as an “organized mess” that is always a work in progress. She says that she’s not really going for any vibe in particular, but just puts in her room what she likes and what makes her happy.

• Malia Hernadez’s poster collection

• “I got the treasure chest from a sketchy person on Facebook Marketplace. We think it was built in the 1800s and was definitely used on a ship or some- thing like that,” sophomore Lilliah Pacheco said.

• “I like all the pictures in my room because it shows my friends and fun memories,” sophomore Cooper Chadwick said. Half of Chadwick’s wall in his bedroom is covered in photos. During the shutdown in the spring, Chadwick painted his bedroom and hung the LED lights

• Sophomore Clara Teemant’s room is in- spired by Minecraft and features fun dec- orations that showcase her personality. Her room features a large portion of a wall covered in Pokemon cards, inspired by Tik- Tok, that she completed over quarantine.

• The skateboards on her wall display knick-knacks that Clara Teemant has collected.

After a long day at school, many students often head to their bedroom to relax. Bedrooms are usually associated with being a safe, calm place to express oneself. The vibe individuals reach for in their room, whether it’s chill, cozy, minimalist or all-out sports-themed, says a lot about their personality. Students have described their rooms as calm, comfy, homey, simple or peaceful. Each person has a way they express themselves, often with lights, colors or posters.