Poli-Talks

The 2014 primary elections brought the topic of politics to the surface for students and staff to express their political views.

In the United States citizens have the choice to vote. On November 4, an election took place. The Republicans took the senate and kept the house while the Democrats took a devastating defeat.

History teacher Dan Yoder is Republican.

“I’m hopeful that they will turn from the direction we are heading and hope they will repeal Obama care,” Yoder said. “I don’t think anything will get done everything will be vetoed by our president. Harry Reid does not let the democrats congress members vote defiantly.”

Junior Alexis DeVous is part of the Libertarian party.

”I think that our Congress doesn’t get enough done. They spend most of their time on recess and whenever they are actually in session they don’t get anything done. Then you have the people that are too busy campaigning to be re-elected again,” Devous said. “Congress’ system was once functional, but now the recesses are unnecessary and so much focus is put on campaigning instead of doing their jobs.”

English Teacher Kelly Holopirek belongs to the independent party.

“I feel better with the republican owning congress,” Holopirek said.

She thinks with them running congress stuff will get done or even more will not get done because of the democratic president.

Holopirek has thought about running for office with the slogan: ‘You’re not American until you’re Holoparican.

-Zach Murrow