Page 3: DHS’ Little Miss awards

Emma Kimmel

Little miss this, little miss that. 

There’s no denying the recent popularity of the iconic little miss and little mr. characters. Through the multiple social media platforms; Twitter, Instagram and now TikTok, the little miss/mr trend has blown up.

The account is fun because the format has a similar essence the yearbooks famous senior superlatives, only DHS Little Miss is a bit more creative and personal than superlatives.

There is an anonymous TikTok account that is pairing DHS students with little miss or mr.  characters. 

The page has gotten a significant student following, considering its not yet an official page. 

The ametuer Derby High School instagram accounts had notably less followers, though they werent as positive in comparison. 

The account is one of the few positive takes on the trend, nothing bad has been said about any of the students. 

Most of the trends participants outside of Derby are either putting themselves down or others. However, the DHS student account’s creator has made a point of being more inclusive, adding an “everyone” to the “little miss deserves all the happiness in the world!” as well as “little miss beautiful in every way imaginable, inside and out”. 

Many students have said the account has made them feel positively about themselves.

Freshman Camryn Gonzalez was nominated for “beautiful brunette+brunette duo” with her friend Avery Burkholder. 

Gonzalez was surprised to find herself on the “I was just scrolling through TikTok and I was like, I was just kind of like scrolling  through it cuz I had followed the account and I was like, Oh, that’s cute. I didn’t think I’d be on that.”

Sophomore Evian Curtis expressed his gratitude for being nominated “Mr. super funny” by saying “whoever did this, I love you. I’ll buy you a McChicken one day.

What better way to thank someone for their kindness than a McChicken?

“Wake up people dhs posted again” junior Juan Zamora commented on the pages most recent post on sunday, October 16th. 

The page continues to excite Derby High students with every post.