Early schedule changes streamline process

Abigail Kuhn, Copy Editor

At the beginning of any new semester schedule changes tend to clog the lecture hall, but this semester counselors are taking a proactive approach to filling the gaps many students have in their schedules. 

During the weeks leading up to winter break, a rotating duo of counselors have been in the commons, helping students fix their semester 2 schedules before those classes begin. 

“Every schedule that gets filled now means that we don’t have to do it (later) and the student can avoid waiting in a long line during the first few days of school,” said counselor Lindsey Jones. 

With over 2000 schedules to accommodate, counselors have some work cut out for them when it comes to filling in missing classes. 

Allowing students to request schedule changes at lunch gives them an opportunity to fix what they need without missing any classes and lightens the amount of changes that have to be made in January. 

“It’s helpful to do both the lecture hall and lunchtime because everybody has different schedules,” Jones said. “Some didn’t have teachers that would let them come to the lecture hall and some just weren’t available to come during lunch.”

By offering this chance before break, counselors are streamlining the schedule change process for themselves, students, and teachers alike.