The Student News Site of Derby High School

Panther's Tale

Panther's Tale

Panther's Tale

Page 3: TikTok’s themed baskets take over for Valentine’s Day

From bae basket to burr basket, giving themed baskets to loved ones has been all over TikTok for you pages since the fall.

Social media posts of the baskets trend were sent to boyfriends, best friends or any type of relationship.

“My sisters would not stop talking about how they wanted a basket from their boyfriend,” sophomore C.J. Lechner said. “It honestly got pretty annoying.” 

As the fall passed, the next trend arrived — burr baskets.

For the people who didn’t get a boo basket at Halloween, they had an opportunity to receive a winter-themed basket. 

With the same concept as the boo basket, burr baskets had winter decor, such as Christmas blankets and fuzzy socks.

“I got a burr basket during Christmas from someone. It had my favorites like cans of Sprite and lots of candy,” sophomore Steven Hurling said.

Another trend followed right into Valentine’s Day — bae baskets.

These baskets have traditional Valentine’s items, such as chocolate, heart-shaped candy and stuffed animals.

Hurling gave his best friend, sophomore Lyric Platt, a Spider-Man-themed basket for Valentine’s Day.

The basket showcases their love for the Spider-verse. They even have matching Spider-Man shirts and blankets. 

“I’m surprised. I didn’t know he was going to make me one,” Platt said. “It was really sweet of him and he put some of my favorite things in it too,”.

When making a basket you don’t have to go out and spend a lot of money. It can have homemade items or ones from the dollar tree. 

In the end, it is the thought that counts.