Page 2 – FCA provides opportunity for fellowship

Monday nights in G34 are filled with fun, faith-growing activities and messages.

FCA is in session every Monday at 7 p.m. The club enables non-Christian athletes and Christian athletes to gather together and grow in their faith.

Derby High graduate Evan Franke took over as the new sponsor for the club, ensuring they have an enjoyable experience.

“I know that the high school needed to hear the message of Jesus so I decided to take over that role,” Franke said. 

Franke gathers the students in room G34 just in time for him to open up in prayer, then students proceed to bond with an activity.

“I love playing games, but I also love how I’m tuned we get to be in the Bible,” senior Rylan Syring said. 

“Evan brought the club back to life. We went into a ‘slump’ last year with a lack of leadership. This year, we have a new sponsor, Evan Franke. He has really built back up the program for good,” senior FCA leader Nolan Tauer said.

They continue the night by having lessons and even special speakers sometimes. After their lessons, they listen to worship music and then end their night by doing prayer requests.

The FCA is more than just a club to some of the students.

“I love getting to see people, it’s helped me expand who I talk to. I was kinda shy, like, ‘oh, I’m a freshman; nobody is going to wanna talk to me’ and then I started coming here, and all the seniors and juniors will be like ‘hey’ and welcome me,” freshman Hallie Wilson said. 

This fellowship club helped make new bonds among the students that go past the G34 doors. 

“I felt that I made more friendships with underclassmen. It’s definitely a safe place where anyone can become friends.” Taur said.

The FCA  has helped students build bonds and friendships, and even growth in their faith that goes past the school walls.