Changing Weather

Kansans have had to adjust to the mood shifts in weather that come with life in Kansas. Some days may be a perfect day for a walk or maybe playing some basketball outside, while other days include deathly wind chills and piles of blankets.

With the temperatures being at a dangerous -3, windchill of -15, just a few weeks ago, it is now a crisp 58 degrees. Sophomore Remy Fowler is taking advantage of this warm weather the best that he can.

“I’ve been trying to get outside and run more often, I just am trying to get fresh air more often instead of being trapped inside,” Fowler said.

Some have declared this stint of warm weather as “Fake Spring”, as the temperatures are fluctuating day by day with temperatures dipping into the 30s after days of being in the 50s and 60s.

“I really like the warm weather and I really hope it stays like this,” Junior Lucas Kreutzer said.

Some days start off cold and then end warm, messing up the way people choose to dress for the day. Having to dress for walking in the cold in the morning and then burning up later in the day. This has caused students to become sick and tired of Kansas weather being indecisive between winter and spring.

“I don’t like the completely different temperatures in the morning and afternoon, I don’t like how I don’t know if the next day is going to be as nice as the previous day,” Sophomore Raiden Scriven.

The warmer weather has helped people with Seasonal Affective Disorder become more active and joyful, bringing Spring that bit closer and leaving the dark, cold, and cloudy days behind them.

“Usually by this time of year I’m feeling down because of the dreary cold days, but this year I can go outside for a walk after school because it’s nice outside and it makes me feel much better,” Sophomore Ashlyn Snead said. 

Hopefully the warmer weather will be here to stay along with the good vibes and joy that comes with it.