Transcripts Now Online

Once students reach the point in their high school career when they are beginning to apply for colleges and scholarships, their transcripts tend to become more important to them than ever before.

“Transcripts are the student’s legal documents that include all of your high school grades and ACT scores, if you reported those back to DHS,” counselor Joaquin Zapata said.

There has recently been a change in the way students access their transcripts. If inquired by a student, councillors can either print or email a copy, however it is an unofficial transcript. To obtain an official copy, students must now go online.

“Students are required to go to parchment.com, set up an account and request transcripts through that company for a fee,” Zapata said.

A transcript is a necessity when applying to colleges. Senior Maricela Cardona has used the website four times so far.

“I used it for filling out apps,” Cardona said. “You can get it mailed to you, download it or you can get both of them.”

The process is relatively simple and each official transcript costs $3.25.

“I had to make an account, request a transcript from the high school, then they sent it from there,” senior Emily Roets said. “All I had to do was check and make sure it went.”

For additional information as to how to acquire a transcript or the steps to making an account on parchment.com, visit the counseling office.

-Emily Beckman 

When visiting the web site parchment.com to get transcripts, the image above will be shown on the website, giving you an option to sign up to buy your high school transcript.
When visiting the web site parchment.com the image above will be shown on the website giving an option to sign up and buy your high school transcript.