The hobby that will take him places

Panther Personalities is a section where the publications staff interviews individuals, getting to know the school a little better.

Sophomore Anthony Mazzara is an all-around type of guy.

He plays tennis, programs robots, takes Honors classes and he’s a gamer.

Anthony also lived in Germany for two and a half years. He traveled all throughout Europe visiting many historical landmarks that most of us only get to learn about through textbooks.

Perhaps one of his most unique traits is that he is learning how to be a pilot.

“I’ve been learning flying skills on a 1965 Mooney M20 for a few years now,” Mazzara said.

The 1964 Mooney M20 is a single piston aircraft designed for general aviation.

Mazzara has been learning under instruction from his father, David Mazzara. His father is not a licensed instructor, however; he is a licensed and experienced pilot.

“My dad is an active member in the Air Force flying KC-135s, and I’ve flown roughly a total of 20 hours with him over the past few years,” Mazzara said.

“My dad is working on becoming a licensed instructor so that he can help me become a licensed pilot,” Mazzara said.

Mazzara is not planning on becoming a pilot as an adult because his vision is not good enough to qualify him for an official piloting job, but he does look at it as an enjoyable hobby.

Anthony is just one of the many unique students that attend our high school. In the future, you should try to find one of these Panthers and start up a conversation with them.

You never know, you could meet the next Maverick or a new best friend.

-Story by Justin Pechanec

Sophomore Anthony Mazara's interesting side hobby of flying airplanes stands out against others.
Sophomore Anthony Mazara’s interesting hobby of flying airplanes stands out against others.