More Than Just Hair

Panther Personalities is a section where the publications staff interviews individuals, getting to know the school a little better. 

She enjoys teenage activities like listening to music and chatting with her friends online, but it’s senior Agape Camden’s vibrant pink hair that makes her stand out among a crowd.

“I watched someone on YouTube, and she inspired me to color my hair,” Camden said.

Keeping up with dying one’s hair pink seems like a hefty task, but Camden has a secret.

“I use this conditioner that keeps my hair color in for months. It’s the best thing ever,” Camden said.

Camden is also involved in several school-related activities. She is a part of Derby’s most prestigious choir, the Madrigals.  Camden has a passion for singing and dreams of having a music-related career in the future.

“I want to become a singing baker who’s an astronomer on the weekends,” Camden said.

Her passion for singing springs from her love of her favorite bands. This past summer Camden attended Vans Warped Tour and made lifelong friends.

“When I went to Warped Tour and made so many friends that I still talk to over the Internet,” Camden said.

In addition to choir, baking, and hair dying, Camden also helped to start the Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) club at the high school.

“If I could write about myself, I would explain what it takes to set up a club at the high school,” Camden said.

In the crowded hallways its never too hard to find Camden. The music loving, GSA founding, pink haired Camden.

-Ana Landsverk 

Senior Agape Camden, stands out not only with her hair but with her personality.