Braxton Clarks return from injury

Senior quarterback Braxton Clark has been out with a kidney injury since their September 22nd game against Hutchinson. This Friday against Topeka he returns.

The Panthers offense is getting back one of their best players in Clark, but with an injury comes a lot of time sitting and waiting to be healthy which drastically can change the way you prepare for a game.

“I’d say I’m ready mentally and physically, my teammates have been there for me the entire way and helped build my confidence back up,” Clark said.

Being a leader of such a close group of players Clark has the support of everyone in that locker room. “They’ve been with me the entire training process,” Clark said.

As Clark has been healing he’s also been working on moving around and keeping his arm as healthy as possible, because with a kidney injury the movements you make could become uncomfortable.

“It was a weird feeling but I would say none of my throwing mechanics have changed and I’m still as mobile as ever,” Clark said.

Clark has been working constantly to get back on the field for his team. Making sure he was healthy and nothing hurt so he could perform at his best was the main goal he had set through the weeks of recovery.

“I just wanted to feel 100% and I’ve been cleared to play now so I’m feeling all good,” Clark said.

With the support of all the fans, coaches, and players, Braxton Clark will be back out at quarterback for the Panthers hoping to extend a 7 game win streak.