Election day: Who would you vote for?

Staff

November 3, election day.

A day that literally shapes the future of our country and communities.

The big question today is if you could vote, who would you vote for?

President Donald Trump or Joe Biden?

“I wouldn’t vote for anyone because I don’t like any of the candidates,” junior Jadon Metzger said. 

“I would vote for Trump, because Trump’s new green deal will help the (economy) and environmental disasters going on in the states,” freshman Diego Vaquera said.

“I would vote Trump because I’m a Republican, but I also like what he has done in his first four years of being president despite people trying to impeach him. Also in my opinion he has done the most in his first four years as a president than anyone else,” senior Nathon Edmonson said.

“I would vote Biden because I think Trump is very childish and doesn’t really think before he speaks and I don’t think we really need a child running our country,” sophomore Quincy Masumbu said.

“Trump because Trump is helping the black community, along with helping the US lower the debt we have owed over the many years and will make this country great,” senior Cade Igo said.

“Biden, because I don’t like Trump. I like living, so I want to be able to live in a country where I can live… and not die,” sophomore Nolan Stokes said.

“Biden, because LGBTQ+ people deserve rights and deserve to marry whoever they want to marry,” junior Marlee Moeder said.

“Biden because I think under his presidency, minority groups and those without privilege would benefit a lot more than they would under Trump,” junior Logan Pittman said.

“I would vote for Joe Biden because he supports workers and their family’s rights. Joe Biden is also humble and empathizes and cares about his supporters,” sophomore Aimee Penka said.

“I would vote for Joe Biden because he believes in climate change and isn’t a sex offender,” junior Jossy Self said.

“I’d vote for Trump because the Democrats want to take away guns and abolish the police and mandate masks,” junior Ashton Sowden said.

“I am not big on politics, so for me to pick a side would be silly because I am not very educated on the topic. I do not like the way that Trump runs the United States. He is so unofficial to me and he comes off as very rude. I do not see him as an ideal president because of his policies and his attitude. If I could vote, I would choose Biden,” sophomore Camari Geddis said.

“If I could vote in the presidential race I would vote for Biden as he has lots of experience with the job as a president, believes science and has more policies that I agree with over president Trump. Such as climate, immigration and tariffs (which is weird because I thought Republicans didn’t like tariffs),” junior Robert Eppler said.

“I would rather vote for Biden than Trump because he’s the lesser of two evils. Honestly this year’s selection of candidates sucks, but we have seen what Trump does and what he stands for which is racism, sexism and homophobia. Some people think he is good, but who cares about that when people are losing their rights?” sophomore Brooklynn Davis said.

“I would vote for trump, I feel he is more reliable to be the president. He stands for better things like I don’t think abortion is right,” junior Erin Anderson said.

“Trump, he seems more responsible,” junior Vanessa Smith said.

“I would vote for Biden if I could vote, because I think that if we have Trump as president again, the virus is not going to get under control and I feel like Biden will be responsible and take action when it comes to this virus. There’s lots more reasons why I would vote for Biden, but that’s the big one,” sophomore Lora Huntley said.

“I’d have to side with Joe Biden rather than Donald Trump,” sophomore Arianna Adame said. “I’d go for Biden, because he is respectful, believes in families staying together, isn’t racist, and overall believes in basic human rights. Biden doesn’t belittle immigrants, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Oh, and just doesn’t belittle people of color.”

“Biden, because at the debate, he was the only one who had solutions for America’s problems. Trump feels like a bully to Biden to me,” senior Maekiness Smith said.

“If I had to vote in this election, it would be for Biden because more of my personal ideals and morals align with his than with Trump’s,” sophomore Lexi Mullen said.

“I would vote for Joe Biden, because I’ve only heard negative things about Trump and roll my eyes every time I see Trump plushies or merchandise,” senior Donavan Calhoun said.

“I would vote for Biden 100%. He has plans, Trump doesn’t. He believes in climate change, the number one threat to survival, Trump doesn’t. He believes in systemic racism, Trump doesn’t. He believes in democracy, Trump doesn’t, evidenced by his baseless claims of voter fraud and willingness to fraudulently declare victory prior to all ballots being counted,” senior Sean Wentling said.

“Trump he knows right from wrong and first of all he could speak without stuttering every two seconds. And that’s all he just he’s good with finance and all that kind of stuff,” sophomore Vryah Morgan said.

“Well, I would vote for Biden because he’s promised to take action on issues I care about like racial inequality, the class gap, and climate change. Even if he doesn’t know the best things to do 100% of the time, I trust him to listen to people who know what they’re talking about and follow their advice,” senior Samuel Harrison said.

“If I could vote in the end I wouldn’t vote. I feel both candidates aren’t fit for their job. Yes I know every vote counts however neither candidate deserves my vote,” junior Cody Crist said.

“I would vote for Biden because out of him and Trump, I feel like he wants equality for our country and Trump may be unintentionally splitting us apart,” senior Morgan McComas said.

“I would have voted for Trump. I’ll start by saying that I don’t necessarily like him as a person, but he has done his job as our president. In my opinion, I feel like he has the right policies and has done what’s best for our country,” senior Cooper Reeves said.

“Mr. Joe Biden because I like his views more than the other candidate,” sophomore Kela Schnelle said.

“ I try to stay out of politics but if I could vote I would vote for Trump because he made our economy better these past four years and I don’t believe in a lot of the stuff Biden wants to do to our country,” sophomore Kylar Minton said.

“I would vote for Biden because he’s not Trump,” junior Parker Tauer said.

“I voted for Trump because I believe in giving second chances, especially because of my religion with Jesus Christ coming and giving us all multiple second chances. I believe that’s what we came here to do, which is to become better by learning from our mistakes. Trump could, potentially, learn to be an overall better person in the presidential office. If voted for Biden, I know for sure that I would not have been able to sleep at night. Sure, they’re both awful, but I went with the approach of ‘the lesser of two evils.’ I almost voted for Jorgensen, but I don’t think she has enough people on her side to be able to get into office and achieve her goals,” senior Claire Hills said.

“I would vote for Biden simply because despite both candidates being trash one clearly isn’t going to get me killed anytime soon so I’d rather vote for them,” senior Journi Elliot said.

“I would vote for Jo Jorgenson because I like agree with her political ideals and I think she’s the only non-biased candidate,” sophomore Hayden Winters said.

“I would vote for Trump because he has started things and I think he should get a chance to finish them,”  sophomore Kylee Cotten said.

“I’d vote Biden because he’s supportive of POC and LGBT+ (people), and instead of taking away our rights, he’s trying to give everyone rights,” senior Dhasia Brown said.

“I’d vote for Biden, just because I care about the basic human rights for all people,” senior R.D. Pipkin said.

“Honestly, I would vote Jo Jorgensen because I don’t like the candidates this year… I think it would be interesting to see a third party candidate win, and I agree with some of the things she says,” junior Kaelea Hart said.

Reporters: Sara Brown, Blake Chadwick, Cooper Chadwick, Shaye Comes, Kyle DeVault, Sierra Duckworth, Hailey Jeffery, Kaitlyn Jolly, Olivia Jones, Trinity Kuntz, Klaudia Manis, Damien Matmanivong, Agness Mbezi, Frani Medina, Caden Miller, Ariana Nguyen, Jordan Parcell, Talia Ransom, Haley Waughtal