Students’ Daily Styles

Samantha Perez and Aimee Penka

Sophomore Andrea Brincefield’s style hasn’t always been the same skater girl style as it is for her currently. Before, Brincefield wore all the common brands and trending styles others wore, but it wasn’t until this year that she chose to branch out and express herself.

“I wanted to feel more like myself, to express myself, but I did not want to hide behind Nike shirts,” Brincefield said. 

And for others the same reason applies, many students choose to forget society’s standards of fashion and experiment with different types of styles to find what they enjoy wearing and what suits them best. 

“Up until this year I have just dressed like how everyone else dresses, but I decided to start standing out in my own way by being comfortable with myself,” junior Lily Downey said. “I should give myself the chance to develop my own personality and style.”

Teens can sometimes tend to feel like their peers may judge them for what they wear, but for many like Brincefield, they could care less about others opinions.

“I do not like to change up my style for people’s needs; I stick to myself,” she said.

The same applies with many other students as well.

“I came out and started being comfortable with what I wanted to wear and now I dress how I want to dress,” junior Ana Hernandez said.

Fashion is a way teens can express themselves and their personalities, and when it comes to inspiration it plays a big part into how they may find and adapt to a certain style. 

For some students it’s simple pop icons who inspire the change in style.

I was mostly inspired by K-pop,” senior foreign exchange student Luca Hsu said.

Family inspires others.

“My sister, she is definitely one of my inspirations because I love her to death, she was like a Tumblr insta-baddie back in the day, but I feel like I did not wanna dress up and be basic, because when you’re basic you’re not expressing yourself,”  sophomore Andrea Brincefield said.

Even some have learned to love their parents’ fashion style.

“I got my style from my parents. My mom dresses like how I do, so she taught me everything I know,” foreign exchange student Natalia Luniewska said.

Not only do students love to express their fashion throughout the halls, teachers themselves even do too.

“I had always loved to dress up, clothes, shoes, bags, you name it. I am all over that. My retirement fund may be in my shoe closet,“English teacher Terri Moore said.

Any chance she gets to dress up, she takes.

“I am probably the most overdressed person that is going to be there and just gotta be in four-inch heels,” Moore said. “Even if I am going to be showing up in jeans, I am going to be carrying Louis Vuitton. I love to dress up like that.” 

Through clothes, shoes, accessories, students can showcase their personalities and embrace their uniqueness.

Fashion in general can play a big role in not only helping us feel confident in our own bodies, but it also helps showcase to others a little bit about us just based on what we wear everyday.