Derby High welcomes freshmen, new students with Pantherpawlooza

Kaytlin Hilton

“I loved being able to see all of my old teachers and I loved getting to meet and interact with new students.”

— Emily Hightower

Pantherpawlooza was a prime and positive event on Thursday at Derby High School. This event welcomed the incoming freshman class in a fun and interesting way, introducing them to the high school’s clubs and activities.

Students and upperclassmen volunteered at various tables around the commons to answer any questions that younger students and parents may have.

<script>” title=”<script>

Joanna Chadwick

"I worked at the STUCO (Student Council)  table, and we had a whole lot of people come by, and a lot of those decided to sign up," senior Emily Hightower said.

Pantherpawlooza offered games and activities as a way to draw students in and give them more information about their clubs and recruit new members.

"In the science halls they had a table that had a snake. It was fun and interesting," senior Anna Schaar said.

This event turned out to be a huge success for incoming freshmen and students new to the district.

It has been three years since the last Pantherpawlooza took place, and students were excited that it was reinstated for the 2017-2018 school year.

"I loved being able to see all of my old teachers and I loved getting to meet and interact with new students," Hightower said.